Peach, plum, apricot & possibly almond rootstock
Exclusive to ANFIC
Rootstock Developed In Russia
Pedigree: A true Prunus persica x Prunus cerasifera hybrid.
Origin: Krasnodar region of Russia.
Compatibility: Compatible with peach, plum and apricot (need to check apricot compatibility). Also reported to be compatible with almond. Compatibility of peach with the advantages of plum rootstocks.
Good choice for replant sites
ADAPTATION TO SOIL OR CLIMATIC CONDITIONS:
- Susceptible to root-knot nematodes.
- Highly resistant to Lesion nematode.
- Should replace Marianna plum rootstock.
- Looks very exciting in the USA trials so far. Has very good adaptation to may soil types and soil problems. Trees look precocious and yield efficient. Possible low chill. Vigour similar to Lovell. Good compatibility with everything.
- Very vigorous root system when established; similar to peach for tree size; very resistant to stress e.g. high pH soils, wet soils; tolerates salt, asphyxia; root anchorage excellent; 1 year old hardwood cuttings have roots like cables; roots mine for water and nutrients well; no difference seen if grown in good soils.
- Wet sites for almonds in California are doing very well on Kuban 86 (used Marianna but incompatibility).
Based on overseas information.