A South African avocado variety
Exclusive to ANFIC
Article: New South African avocado variety ‘piggybacks’ on Hass success
- Maluma Hass is an early maturing, triangular shaped, thrifty upright growing tree with a natural central leader and lateral branching allows for good light penetration and high productivity.
- It is precocious (early bearing), with a high and constant bearing pattern, annually outperforms Hass (plant density of 400 trees/ha) on production and income.
- Productive without the use of growth retardants/plant growth regulators with substantial saving in production costs.
- Suitable for high-density plantings.
- Maluma Hass has a better count distribution than Hass.
- An early maturing variety which can successfully extend the Hass season by one month.